Sizlerden çok şeyler bekliyoruz çocuklar…
- NASA invites you — and everyone else on the planet — to take part in a worldwide celebration of Earth Day this year with the agency’s #GlobalSelfie event. The year 2014 is a big one for NASA Earth science. Five NASA missions designed to gather critical data about our home planet are launching to space this year. NASA is marking this big year for Earth science with a campaign called Earth Right…
- “Shall We Reinvent Love?” This very first sentence of My Face Book is almost like a forerunner of an extraordinary love. Through this sentence challenging the lexical meaning of the word love, the writer Ciğdem y Mirol lets her readers begin a journey towards an unusual love, which she has invented in her world of letters. I have gained the impression that this journey continuing on a curvy road consists of three interconnected links called The Lost Author, The Effaced Notebook and The White Pencil. This demanding journey has countless stops. At every stop is hidden a different kind of love and a love relationship addressing diverse persons. Briefly stated, what is hidden at these stops is a kind of commitment, which we all are closely acquainted with but smooth over the cracks for a variety of reasons.
- “My Beloved Reader” & “Your Beloved Author” Mirol concludes her letter, which she dedicates to her beloved readers, signing her name as the “beloved writer”. The love letter written by an affectionate friend trying to express herself uses the formal form to address her readers towards the end whereas she addresses them informally and cosily at the very beginning. But why does the writer change from the informal form to that of the formal in order to address her potential readers? Who knows?! She may have wanted to underline that her sincerity is far from being impudent and that it also embraces a great deal of courtesy. “My beloved reader, I am being so forward, but maybe I shouldn’t be so familiar with you. My respected reader, please don’t throw away this letter. Maybe you will like it, and even if you don’t like it, do share it. If you don’t share it, at least comment on it” (p.9). Another remarkable point is that she attempts to “poke” the reader and get him to question his virtual relationships, which he follows blindly by laying stress on the name of the book through mentioning such facebook routines as “like” “comment” and “share”. Please do not get surprised when the politeness felt throughout the letter turns into various other feelings in some other corners of the book. For instance, our narrator and scripter Çiğdem, underlining at every turn that she always wished to become a writer, implicitly manifests the reason why she wanted to re-invent love by saying “You and I can never become one which cannot be reinvented”(p.220) through which she actually encourages the reader to get into act. We can also say that the writer’s love for the reader is a process with many ups and downs. The writer herself provides a good example for this argument by wishing to listen to eloquent and expressive songs on the radio in the name of the reader whereas she reprimands him without any hesitation because of his tendency to lose control of himself in the bottomless well called the internet. Just like it says on the bookmarker or My Face Book: “You the reader, no heart reader, leave it off, leave this computer off, it is enooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh!… This sentence shouting at the top of its voice is of vital importance due to the fact that it reveals the writer’s critical approach towards the internet.
MyFace Book Performance LAUNCH at Waterstones / Brussels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zry__h2-Q-8
MyFace Book Performance: The White Pencil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBWWadpkTls
Myface Book PERFORMANCES with CIGDEM&NESTOR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNEzJFo-CfY
Cigdem y Mirol’s Myface Book Performances&Witnesses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUdnmnNtoG4
Gündem Çocuk Derneği Çocuk Hakları Merkezi, çocukların yaşadığı yaşam hakkı ihlallerini derlediği ‘Türkiye’de Çocuğun Yaşam Hakkı 2013 Raporu’nu açıkladı. 2013 yılına ait verilerin derlendiği raporda, 633 çocuğun önlenebilir nedenlerle yaşamlarını yitirdiğine yer verildi. “Devlet Eliyle Ortaya Çıkan Yaşam Hakkı İhlalleri (Devletin Negatif Yükümlülüğünü Yerine Getirmemesi Nedeniyle Ortaya Çıkan…
YouTube just released its first Brand Channel Leaderboard, featuring channels that have had the most success attracting repeat viewership, shares, and engaged fan bases.
- These are my set of six commitments for ethical stakeholder engagement, in the form of a charter. I invite you to sign it, to share this charter (you can download a copy here), and to encourage colleagues to sign it too.
- Ukrainian photographer Vyacheslav Mishchenko is passionate about the less obvious and more fragile parts of nature, where little creatures like insects, molluscs, reptiles and amphibians dwell. Living in their own macro world, these little things probably don‘t even notice the curious Mishchenko as he captures the most intimate and sensitive moments of their delicate lives. Here’s a collection of Mishchenko’s summery photography in which he has documented the everyday lives of snails in their natural environment in a splendid way. Slow down and enjoy!
- Infographics are very widely, and wisely, used to promote libraries in general. More and more infographics are being created by individual libraries. All the examples collected below were created in recent weeks. If infographics are a great and effective tool to draw attention of the online community, they’ll surely achieve the same in local communities and among library patrons. Librarians have many talents. Processing information is the longest established one, now joined by the eye for design (anyway, you can always use online infographic creators like Pikochart or Infogram).
The researchers conducted task-based usability testing of the EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) with 20 students. While most participants felt positively about EDS, a few usability issues emerged.
Gloria Sports Arena is a modern sports complex with indoor, outdoor and aquatic sports facilities. It is built on 105.000 m² (10.5 hectare) in Belek-Antalya-Turkey, where over 40 different sports disciplines and camps will be hosted.
Gloria Sports Arena 2014 Fact Sheet: http://j.mp/1jpM4WL
- Son yıllarda çocukların okuma merakının dünya çapında hayli azaldığını biliyor muydunuz ? Ve henüz okuma bilmedikleri o önemli devrede onlara yeterince kitap okunmadığını? Eski kitap kurtlarından günümüzde artık yok mu? Oysa biliyoruz ki çocuklara yüksek sesle okuma ve bireyin kendisinin okuması çok önemli bir faaliyet, çünkü okuma ve bilgi edinme becerisi insanın ufkunu genişletme ve…
The library technology industry saw sharp competition in 2013, with a wide range of products vying to fulfill ever-rising expectations.
- Kelime Yayınları ve İSTEK Atanur Oğuz Okulları, 24 Mayıs 2014 Cumartesi günü gerçekleşecek olan “Çocuk ve Gençlik Edebiyatı’nda Yeni Yönelimler” başlıklı konferans ile, eğitim sektörü ve edebiyat dünyasını bir araya getiren uluslararası bir etkinliğe ev sahipliği yapıyor. Bu konferansta, gündelik hayatlarını dijital kültürle iç içe yaşayan, hatta bu dijital ortama bizzat katkıda bulunan çocuk…